Hey all – a day late this week. I was out of town for the weekend.
– I’d like to thank former Packers TE Brandon Bostick, LBs Brad Jones, and specifically A.J. Hawk for their time in Green Bay. If there was such a phrase used as ‘Packer people’, they fit with their character. I single out Hawk even more, because the Packers have asked him to take pay cuts on more than one occasion and he did so. He leaves Green Bay as the all-time leading tackler and will be missed. That said, it was time to move on.
Watch for the focus on Inside Linebackers, Tight End and possibly both Offensive and Defensive lines
– March Madness is here! Starting now, I’ll start keeping an eye on some of the conference tournaments and it’s exciting to see teams that may be on the bubble take their chance to get into the NCAA Tournament. It also doesn’t hurt that I’ll probably be in a couple brackets and see who is hot going in I can fill up the brackets!
– Well, expensive Miami Marlins lawyer fan, you should offer free tickets to anyone who can name more than 10 Miami Marlins players. I guarantee you nobody in that part of the state can when 30% of the people there don’t even own a drivers license!. Then, just offer drugs with the needle, mojitos or a free set of groceries at the local Wal-mart and you should be able to get your clientele in Marlins stadium.
– I like the Milwaukee Brewers bringing back RP Francisco Rodriguez…a lot. The bullpen kind of reminds me something of the 2014 Kansas City Royals. Have the starters get to the 5th and 6th innings and then you have several one-inning guys to complete the game. Filling out the bench part of the roster will be the main part of the Spring Training.
I’ll try to do something of what I’m guessing what will happen with the Brewers this year.
– If there’s a downfall to baseball starting – it’s we’ll get coverage of the New York Yankees, Boston Red Sox, Chicago Cubs, St. Louis Cardinals, Atlanta Braves and Los Angeles Dodgers. I guess I’d throw the Baltimore Orioles and Washington Nationals. Yawn – gag me and just rename the Mothership as the Yankees Sports Programming Network.
– The Brewers also got word that this season will be his last, this should be their signal to find their next third baseman, whether it be during an in-season trade or look at the top prospects in their (and other) farm systems.
– Congratulations to the Wisconsin Badgers mens’ basketball team. Big Ten Champions. I think they will be the outright champions with at least splitting at Minnesota and at Ohio State this week. The Badgers should make a deep run in the NCAA Tournament this year, but I’ll feel a lot better about that if their bench production starts to pick up. Getting Senior G Traevon Jackson back will help tremendously with his defense and experience.
– I meant to comment about this last week and forgot. But I’ve been seeing some college recruiting sites (MaxPreps, Scout, etc.) that are starting to scout kids that are in SIXTH GRADE. I’m sorry, but if you are so hard up on recruiting stories that you are scouting ANY 12-year-old kids, you should have your head examined and you should probably look for a different line of work. I’d be lying if I understood any aspect of your work that you need to be looking at kids this young in order to stay ahead of the recruiting game. What, there aren’t enough kids to scout at all of the different high schools in the country? One case that’s even worse? LeBron James’ son is 10-years-old (in FIFTH grade) and there were college scouts trying to watch him play basketball already. Leave the kid be and let him learn the fundamentals of the game and have fun! When kids get to the junior high level in school, the only thing they should be learning is how to have fun with the game. Not worrying about whether a scout from some cheesy school that has nothing better to do than watch this young of prospect. Just let them play at this young of an age and wait until they’re actually in high school!!
– Ironically, I did like the trade the Milwaukee Bucks with PG (ish) Brandon Knight and receiving PG Michael Carter-Williams in part of the package and not giving up any draft picks was a good move. If you look at it, the move was made for down the road and if they make the playoffs this season, it’s merely a bonus. And, yes, I have noticed finally.
Your current West Coast trip losing to shitty teams like the Lakers and Jazz isn’t helping people paying attention to the team.
– And, yes, for the record, I absolutely loved the Marquette Gold sucking ass this year. Here’s hoping to many more!
– NCAA Tournament 1 and 2 seeds
That’s it for me this week. I’ll be back at my normal Saturday morning writing. Have a great week!